Celebrate the sixteen days of Oktoberfest in the best way possible with these Oktoberfest tips. Oktoberfest is a wonderful harvest festival and provides the perfect excuse for a party with family and friends. Consider these Oktoberfest party tips as you plan your Oktoberfest celebration. Put your Tirolerhüte (Bavarian hat) on and get ready to enjoy the party!
Here are a few tips for Oktoberfest to get you started:
- Enjoy the Beer: When you think about Oktoberfest, you think about delicious beer from Munich, Germany. Make an exception and take this opportunity to find some great Oktoberfest beers from local brewers in your area. Ask for help from local liquor stores to identify some great beverages for your Oktoberfest party.
- Eat Delicious Food: Aside from the beer, enjoy great food at your Oktoberfest celebration. Prepare food such as pretzels, chicken, roast pork, sausages, and potato pancakes. Make sure you also prepare some great entertainment and music.
- Sport your Beer Stein: Sip and enjoy your beer out of a traditional beer stein. Purchase a beer stein (beer mug made out of stoneware, porcelain, or pewter) and top it off with a delicious Oktoberfest beer.
- Carnival: Celebrate a traditional Oktoberfest and visit a local carnival. Enjoy the carnival rides, eat delicious food, and sip on Oktoberfest beer.
- Be Responsible: Enjoy Oktoberfest, but be responsible! Keep your drinks to a minimum, and be sure to eat plenty of food. If you’re going out, decide on a designated driver in advance of your celebration or take a taxi back to your home.
Get your beer, food, and beer stein together for Oktoberfest party planning in high style. Don’t forget your Tirolerhüte!