Outdoor Christmas Décor
Some of the best things about showing your Christmas spirit are all the fun outdoor Christmas décor that you can purchase or make to ensure that your home is the most festive on the block. Outside Christmas decorations can be as simple as a string of lights, or a complete transformation of your home that results in a magical winter wonderland. Many families have fond memories of driving around together, looking at all the creative ways people showcase their outdoor Christmas decoration ideas. Whether you live in an apartment or a rural area, there are lots of beautiful ways to make sure everyone stops to admire your decorations.
Here are a few ideas for Christmas decorations outdoor:
- String lights through all outdoor plants, shrubs, and porches, and around window frames, but instead of using clear lights, try another festive color like red or green and accent the front door with an oversized wreath in the same color.
- Decorate a driveway or walkway with paper bags (with battery-powered tealights in the bottom) as the sun sets to welcome guests or to create a soft glow in the neighborhood.
- Place electronic candles in every window, set on timers, so the entire house is basked in light.
- Decorate and trim an outdoor Christmas tree even if it's not pine.
- Set up a faux Santa Claus and reindeer in the front yard or on the roof.
Outdoor Christmas decorations are also a great family activity as the holiday gets closer. Plan an entire day on the weekend where everyone does part of the décor, and enjoy the finished product together with a cup of hot chocolate.
Ready to get into the holiday spirit with your own festive Christmas party? Get started with this beautiful, free Christmas invitation!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now