5 Steps to Host a Memorable Graduation Party
High school, college, or grad school graduation is a big deal – and should be celebrated in style! Whether you choose to celebrate at a local venue or at your own home, there are several important factors that go into a successful (and fun) party.
Here are a few steps to help ensure you don’t forget anything while planning for your grad’s special day:
1. Pick the location and date: There are many locations to choose from for a great graduation party. Whether you plan an open house BBQ, a dinner party at a banquet hall, or a relaxing time at the beach, your grad is sure to have a good time. Graduation season is a busy time, especially with all of your grad’s friends also having graduation parties!
2. Send out invitations: The next step in your graduation planning process is to send out invitations. Skip the time and expense of paper invitations this year, and send online graduation invitations. Punchbowl offers many free and creative designs that are sure to set the mood for a great party! Don’t forget to include the location, time, and any other important details guests should know such as suggested attire or parking information. Here are a few examples of the free graduation invitations available on Punchbowl:
3. Decorations: Graduation decorations are another important part of graduation party planning. For a festive event, pick a popular theme or focus on decorations that use your grad’s school colors. Streamers, flowers, and balloons are a must, and don’t forget to include the graduation year on some of the decorations! To personalize your event, have guests sign a guestbook, large matted and framed photo, or school memorabilia with well wishes. Or, create a photo wall with baby pictures of your grad that spells out the graduation year.
4. Menu: Potluck, finger-food, or buffet-style menus can work well at a graduation party. A buffet can help guests mingle throughout the party especially if many people will meet for the first time. For dessert toward the end of your event, serve graduation cap-shaped goodies or a cake shaped in the graduation year! Make sure the cake congratulates the grad on their accomplishments!
5. Have fun!: Graduation is an exciting time as it marks the beginning of a new chapter in the grad’s life. Enjoy it! Provide plenty of refreshments, games, and food. One fun idea is to place disposable cameras on tables so guests can take pictures themselves. Collect cameras at the end of the party, then share developed photos with friends and family.
This huge milestone can be celebrated in many different ways. All that matters is that the guest of honor has fun and knows how proud you are of him or her! For even more party planning inspiration, check out this Pinterest board we’ve put together.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now