Planning an MBA Graduation Party
Earning a Master’s degree in business administration is an important accomplishment that deserves a celebration! Need ideas for planning an MBA graduation party for someone special in your life? First, keep in mind that MBA graduates are often a few years older and more seasoned than college grads. That might impact the type of MBA graduation party that you plan.
Start your party planning off on the right foot with graduation party invitations you can send right from your phone. Email or text your favorite invite to guests and easily gather RSVPs online.
Here are several MBA graduation party ideas that reflect the age and career level of the graduates:
- Breakfast or Brunch: If the MBA graduation is being held in the afternoon, a great idea is to hold a celebratory brunch or breakfast before the ceremony. This is perfect for an MBA graduation party because people at this age are less concerned about meeting up with their frat buddies before the ceremony and instead would rather spend this time with family.
- Dinner Party: A dinner party is a nice idea for a business school graduation party. Choose one of the graduate's favorite restaurants or someplace that they've been wanting to try. Then find out if the restaurant can accommodate a larger group. You may be able to get a private room for the MBA graduation party. At a minimum, let the restaurant know so they can prepare a cake or make room in the fridge if you bring your own.
- Barbecue: A casual backyard barbecue is an excellent MBA graduation party idea. This setting is ideal for the graduate to interact with their family, friends, co-workers, and maybe some professors to celebrate this special occasion. Grill up some steak and chicken, add grilled vegetables, and a few types of salad to make it a fun, relaxing afternoon!
- Wine Party: If you want to throw a more formal event in honor of the MBA graduate’s achievements, invite family and friends over to a cocktail attire wine party. Get a variety of wine and cocktails for guests to try as they mingle and celebrate this special occasion.
- Take a Trip: A relaxing vacation may be just what the MBA graduate needs! They’ve worked hard these past years first getting their undergraduate college degree, then starting their career, and now earning their MBA. A small vacation with their close family members may be the perfect way to celebrate their MBA graduation accomplishment and to give them the break that they deserve.
- Business Themed Party: If you want to host a more traditional graduation party, consider a business themed party. After all, what could make more sense for an MBA graduation party? Decorate using business magazines, old briefcases, calculators, and post-its. One fun MBA graduation party idea is to put the grad's face on an issue of his/her favorite business magazine, such as Fortune or Inc., with a headline that alludes to the greatness that you hope for them. You can then use this image on the cake, in decorations, etc.
Love this article?
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now