Summer Games Party Decorations
The Summer Games are a perfect event to take advantage of to host a party. Gather all your friends together for a watch party or just use the Summer Games as a theme for a cookout or birthday. No matter how you plan your Summer Games party, you will need some gold medal worthy Summer Games party decorations. Try out these Summer Games party decoration ideas:
- Summer Games Tablescape: Display your food in a fun way with a Summer Games podium as the main focal point of your tablescape. Build it out of three slightly different height boxes covered in paper and arrange the biggest box in the middle, the second on the right, and the smallest on the left. Write or paste on the numbers 1, 2, and 3. This is a great way to display cupcakes with gold, silver, and bronze decorations, or gold, silver, and bronze cocktails. Complete your tablescape with other small decorations around your food such as flags and Summer Games rings.
- Colorful Bunting: Use red, white, and blue paper or the colors from the country that you are rooting for to create easy colorful flag bunting. If you like to sew, use fabric and ribbons so that you will have a reusable Summer Games watch party decoration or a decoration to double for Labor Day weekend! You could also print flags from different countries to create your bunting. String the bunting around the fence in your backyard, on your food table, or just on the walls of your house.
- Summer Games Rings: Focus your decorations around the most iconic symbol of the Summer Games: the rings. You can make the blue, yellow, black, green, and red rings out of many different things you already have such as hula-hoops, construction paper, or food. Decorate cookies and cupcakes with colored frosting and arrange in groups of five like the Summer Games rings. Another easy project is to glue or tape sections of foam tubing (like foam pipe insulation that you can buy at your local hardware store) into circles, wrap with colored streamers, arrange like the rings, and hang on a wall or a fence outside.
- Summer Games Medals: You can also create pretty garlands with a Summer Games medal motif. Purchase gold, silver, and bronze medals from a local craft store, or make them yourself out cardboard covered in different colored foil. Tie them along a long piece of twine and use it to festoon the wall above your food table or behind the couch.
- Sporting Equipment: Make use of all the sporting equipment you have around the house by turning them into decorations! For a backyard party, hang tennis racquets, baseball bats, etc. around your fence. For an indoor party, print and hang sports pictures and cutouts of sporting equipment. This is also a great way to show off some of your own sports pictures that you may have of you or your kids. Continue the sports theme to your food by decorating cupcakes like soccer balls and basketballs.
Continue the Summer Games theme throughout your party by always using blue, yellow, black, green, and red in all your decorations, or the colors from your country. With these Summer Games-themed decorations, your party is sure to be a success!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now