Super Bowl Recipe: Warm Beer and Cheese Dip
As the Super Bowl approaches, be prepared with crowd-pleasing appetizer and snack recipes! Wow your guests as they picture you slaving away in the kitchen all day – when in reality, you had this easy recipe up your sleeve.
Check out this impressive appetizer recipe—a warm beer and cheese dip:
Warm beer and cheese dip:
- 2 tbs. unsalted butter
- 3 tbs. all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup ale or darker beer
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce to taste
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Bread, chips, or crackers for serving
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and beer. Turn up the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire and hot sauce and cook, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken (3–5 minutes).
- Working in several batches, add the cheese in large handfuls. Whisk until each batch has completely melted before adding more.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with bread, chips, or crackers.
Makes about 2 cups.
Get ready for the Big Game with free online invitations for your party!
Sign up and we'll send more inspiration straight to you.Sign up now